Dear Academy of Dallas Eagle Families,
I hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and safe. The 2020-2021 school year is upon us and our entire staff is excited to support you and your child. I look forward to the moment when I can welcome our new and returning families to our campus in-person. Until then, we have been working to prepare for this online learning adventure which will begin on Tuesday, September 8. I want to thank you for your patience and support as we get ready to launch this virtual learning experience. I know you have many questions about what the start of the school year will look like and I would like to share the following details which should help address some of those questions.
AOD 2020-2021 SY Technology Distribution Plan and Schedule
As a result of COVID-19, Academy of Dallas has shifted to a virtual learning model for the first 4 weeks of school starting September 8th whereby scholars will be instructed by their teachers online. AOD parent(s)/guardian(s) will have an option for the instructional learning model after the initial first 4 weeks of school to include either face-to-face or virtual learning.
Based on the virtual distance instructional learning option chosen AOD will provide device distribution to a campus-based offering parent(s)/guardian(s) pick up at the assigned dates and time below. Parent(s)/guardian(s) will have to complete the Academy of Dallas Technology Distribution Loan Agreement. We will not be able to issue technology without this form being completed and submitted. A form must be completed for every scholar for whom you wish to utilize school-issued technology.
Pick Up Location: 2324 S. Vernon Ave, Dallas, TX 75224 (Office: 214-944-5544)
Pick Up Dates & Times by Grade Level:
- Grades 5th, 7th and 8th pick up on Wednesday, Sept 2 from 8 am to 2pm
- Grades 3rd, 4th and 6th pick up on Thursday, Sept 3 from 8 am to 1 pm
- Grades 3rd, 4th and 6th pick up on Friday, Sept 4 from 8 am to 1 pm
REMINDER: Parent(s)/Guardian(s) will not be able to come in the building. A staff member will bring a device to your car.
- Upon arriving at the school, please DO NOT get out of your car.
- An AOD staff member will come to your car, get the name and grade of your child(ren) to verify enrollment
- An AOD staff member will have the parent/guardian read and sign the AOD Technology Loan Agreement
- Once verified, the loan agreement read and signed, the AOD staff member will place the device along with the following information in the trunk of
- how to log on to the Chromebook
- Wifi/Hot Spot information (upon request)
- Proximity Learning log in information (for Proximity Learning Scholars only)