Inside the Classroom
In order to maximize learning time, it is essential that all scholars meet the following expectations:
S: Sit up straight
- Scholars are always on task.
- Scholars listen and participate to support an effective learning environment.
- Scholars follow teacher directions and cooperate with the Eagle Leader. There is no arguing allowed. If a scholar disagrees with a Eagle Leader, the scholar must wait until the appropriate time and place to discuss an issue in an appropriate tone of voice. Eagle Leader is expected to hold these conversations and model the respectful way to deal with conflict.
- Scholars come prepared to class with their necessary materials.
- Scholars support the learning environment for everyone. This means when in class, scholars should be sitting in the SCHOLAR’S Position. This means:
C: Chair legs on floor
H: Hands folded on desk
O: On task
L: Legs under desk
A: All eyes tracking speaker
R: Ready listen, learn, respond and ask question.
S: Silent when others are speaking.
During the first five minutes, scholars are expected to silently complete the classroom routines as follows:
- Remain at a level 0
- Take out the homework from the previous night
- Take out necessary folder/binder/journal, textbook/novel, and writing utensils for the class.
- Place book sack on the back of the chair (if it does not have a strap, it can sit on the back of the inside of the chair) or under the seat (but under no circumstances in the walkway)
- Complete the Do Now
Scholars are not allowed to speak or leave the room during the First Five. Scholars who are not completing the first five at a level 0 or who are not prepared to learn at the ringing of the late bell will receive an automatic demerit.
During the last five minutes of class, scholars are expected to do the following:
- Remain at a level 0
- Complete the exit ticket/independent practice
- Pack their belongings
- Clean up their area
- Stand behind their chairs
During the last five minutes of class, scholars are not allowed to speak or leave the room during the last five minutes of class. Any scholar who speaks during the Last Five will receive an automatic demerit.